CN to upgrade Western Canada feeder rail lines with C$500m investment
Canadian National Railway (CN) is set to invest approximatelt C$500m ($408.11m) in infrastructure improvements to its Western Canada feeder rail lines in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Ricardo to acquire Lloyd’s Register Rail for £42.5m
UK-based engineering firm Ricardo has agreed to acquire LR Rail from Lloyd’s Register Group, in a £42.5m deal.
Škoda begins testing its battery-powered tram for Turkish city
Škoda Transportation has started testing its ForCity Classic battery-powered tram, which is intended for the Turkish city of Konya.
Victorian government to build Melbourne’s metro rail tunnel under Swanston St
Australia’s Public Transport Minister Jacinta Allan and Victoria premier Daniel Andrews have revealed plans to go ahead with the construction of Melbourne’s metro rail tunnel underneath Swanston St.
- USDOT’s new actions, emergency order address transport of energy products by rail
- Ontario government plots new GO Transit track
- Bill would tie gas tax to inflation to fund transportation infrastructure
- Union-backed legislation would require two-person train crews
- STB posts draft environmental statement for proposed Montana rail line
- Valley Metro slated to open solar-powered rail maintenance facility
- California High-Speed Rail Authority names executive engineering roles
- Rail supplier news from Ricardo, Greenbrier, Bechtel and Vertical Transportation (April 20)