Siemens to build and maintain trains for All Aboard Florida
Siemens has secured a 30-year contract from All Aboard Florida to provide full maintenance for its passenger-rail train sets connecting Orlando and Miami, starting in 2017.
Aurecon Jacobs Mott MacDonald JV wins advisor contract for Melbourne Metro Rail Project
Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA) has appointed the Aurecon Jacobs Mott MacDonald (AJM) joint venture (JV) as the technical, planning, and engagement advisor for the Melbourne Metro Rail Project in Victoria, Australia.
Alstom and Huawei complete first LTE 4G project for metros
Alstom and Huawei have completed a pilot project to develop a 4G long-term evolution (LTE) multi-service, broadband radio networking technology for metros.
TfL shortlists four bidders for London Overground concession
The UK’s Transport for London (TfL) has shortlisted four bidders for the concession to operate the expanded London Overground network.
- California agency awards $224 million in grants for transit, intercity rail
- Railroads’ intermodal traffic sets record in June
- Puget Sound agencies debut regional transit pass; Sound Transit to advance ballot measure
- North Carolina DOT to close rail crossing in Harrisburg
- Orlando Amtrak station undergoes $2 million repair project
- CTA logs 21 percent decrease in fare-card fraud
- Geale to chair National Mediation Board; PANYNJ names Starace chief engineer
- Rail supplier updates from CAI International, Keolis, Ricardo, Alstom, American Business Research and Kuehne + Nagel (July 2)