“Bike and Ride Box” inaugurated at the Berlin Hauptbahnhof
Berlin Hbf (DB Image)
The capital is now even more bicycle-friendly: On August 16, the first “Bike and Ride Box” was opened at Berlin’s main station.
Twelve double-decker arranged bicycle lockers offer travelers and commuters safe, clean and dry bicycle parking at the west exit of the main station. The PA system can easily book online, pay and use immediately via access codes.
Four of the boxes are fully accessible for daily and weekly bookings, the remaining boxes can be for a whole year for rent. Prices range here of 8 € to 195 €. In addition, six of the boxes are equipped with a loading facility for pedelecs and e-bikes. The robust housing protects the bicycles against theft and weather, the interior is illuminated by modern LED lamps and equipped with coat hooks for helmet and jacket. Thanks to the flexible modular system, the system can be extended subject to demand.
The “Bike and Ride Box” was initiated at the central station in Berlin in cooperation with DB Station & Service. It is operated by the manufacturer developed Kienzler street furniture and is designed specifically for the growing needs of Radpendler at the interfaces of the local public transportation. They thus contributes to linking the ecological transport bicycle and train.
In Germany are the Bike and Ride boxes of Kienzler street furniture already in Potsdam-Griebnitzsee, Recklinghausen, district Göttingen, Herborn, Dietzenbach and just before the Swiss border in the district Lörrach.
Kienzler Bike and Ride Box: The benefits for communities and users at a glance
– Sure, park clean and dry
– No waiting time by direct booking with www.bikeandridebox.de
– Surface and cost-optimized
– System design, modular expansion
– Electronic access and booking system
– No additional administrative burdens
– Adapted to public funding
Kienzler street furniture in brief
• Kienzler develops and produces the highest quality and excellent design for 60 years Street furniture.
• Special quality is achieved through production and assembly.
• Service is required by sales and service teams in 3 locations in Germany on site.
• Kienzler street furniture is a privately held family owned company in the second generation.