Euston Station closed – avoid travelling if possible(London Midland Image)
London Midland is advising passengers to avoid travelling to and from London Euston if possible this evening.
No trains are running in or out of London Euston due to a line side fire near South Hampstead which has damaged signalling equipment. Network Rail has engineers on site trying to restore services as soon as possible. As a result of the fire the power supply to Euston station was temporarily cut. This led to the evacuation of the station.
Train services running from Euston to the West Midlands and North West will be cancelled, delayed or revised. Some stations between London Euston and Stafford will not be served.
London Midland tickets can be used on the following alternative routes but these services are becoming very busy:
– East Midlands Trains between London and Wellingborough in both directions
– Great Western Railway between Worcester and London in both directions
– Chiltern Railways between London and Birmingham in both directions (please be aware there is disruption affecting some of their services)
– Cross Country between Birmingham, Reading, Leicester and Derby in both directions
– London Buses between Zone 1 and Watford Junction
The advice is to avoid travelling on these routes if possible