10. A new railcard for those aged 26 to 30
The government will work with the rail industry on a new railcard which will be introduced from spring 2018.
25. Funding for transport across England
£1.7 billion will go towards improving transport in English cities. Half will be given to Combined Authorities with Mayors, and the rest allocated by a competition.
An extra £337 million will go towards a fleet of new trains on the Tyne & Wear Metro.
An extra £6 million will go towards the Midlands Connect motorway and rail projects.
Transport links along the Cambridge-Milton Keynes-Oxford corridor will be improved by:
- completing the rail link between Oxford and Bedford, and Aylesbury and Milton Keynes
- setting up a new East West Rail Company to speed up work on the rail link between Bedford and Cambridge
- £5 million to help develop plans for Cambridge South Station
- building the Expressway road between Oxford and Cambridge