Montreal,Canada and Baltimore, USA, November7, 2017
ExPretio Technologies Inc.(ExPretio) and QL2 Software, LLC (QL2) are pleased to announce they have formed a strategic partnership to enable rail operators to seamlessly integrate
QL2’s powerful competitive data extraction with ExPretio’s leading-edge Appia revenue management (RM) solution to dynamically manage seat prices and gain competitive advantage in the rail industry.
Building on prior data compatibility efforts, ExPretio will now offer QL2 competitive intelligence extraction and intelligence tools as part of the ExPretio Appia RM packaged
solution for on-premise and cloud-hosted delivery modes.
Said Aouchiche, CEO of ExPretio, commented:
“The natural synergy of competitive intelligence and revenue management is well-understood by our clients in the rail industry. So we are making it easier and more effective for them to take advantage of these powerful tools to gain a competitive advantage and maximise their revenues through smarter and more competitive price optimization”
Currently, rail operators using QL2 competitive intelligence in Appia are able to:
- Lead, follow or match competitor fares in line with their strategic business objectives and predefined criteria
- Identify and seize opportunities to increase revenue and gain competitive advantages arising from changes in competitor pricing
- Use flexible and adaptable business rules to dynamically tailor and manage their competitive market strategies
Thanks to ExPretio and QL2’s new strategic relationship, rail operators will now enjoy additional advantages including:
- Seamless integration between QL2’s competitive intelligence tools and ExPretio’s Appia RM solution
- A 360° view of the operator’s own offer and how it compares to its competitors on any given route.
- A single point of contact for all business, functional and technical support on competitive intelligence and RM
Rail operators will also now be able to customize competitive data and reports for distribution and use by other departments within their organization such as sales, pricing and marketing.
As part of this new partnership, ExPretio and QL2 will begin collaborating on enhancements to
their respective services to deliver unparalleled additional value to their customers.
Carl Wartzack, CEO of QL2 said:
“With the liberalization of the rail industry across major markets, we expect dynamic priceoptimization to play a primary role in the strategic and tactical toolkit of all rail operators. Partnering with advanced RM solution providers made complete sense to us. As a leader in that industry, ExPretio is an ideal partner to help us deliver advanced competitive intelligence information and tools to rail operators.”