- Monthly prize draw for weekly, monthly (and above) and annual season ticket holders who switch to the SWR smartcard online
- To qualify, new season tickets must be bought and existing paper tickets transferred onto SWR’s smartcard
- Potentially worth thousands of pounds to three lucky winners each month
- Visit southwesternrailway.com/smart to find out more about smart ticketing options
As part of South Western Railway’s smart ticketing campaign, ‘renew without the queue’, each month until April, three lucky season ticket holders who transfer from paper tickets to SWR’s smart card will win the value of their ticket. The monthly prize draw will randomly pick 1 x weekly, 1 x monthly (or monthly plus) and 1 x annual season ticket holder as winners.
So what’s the catch? well, there isn’t one, but to qualify for the draw, customers holding traditional paper tickets must switch to SWR’s smartcard – Touch. All Season ticket holders that apply for a SWR Touch Smartcard AND purchase a Season ticket on a Touch Smartcard will be automatically entered into our monthly prize draw.
Smart ticketing means SWR customers can conveniently buy and manage their tickets online. They’ll never have to queue at the ticket office or buy or replace paper tickets again – so they’ll save time and be kinder to the environment.
SWR Touch Smartcards can hold Weekly, Monthly, Monthly Plus and Annual Season tickets, as well as Single and Return tickets. A London Travelcard can also be added to the ticket, so customers can tap in and out at TfL stations too.
Full terms and conditions can be found at: https://www.southwesternrailway.com/train-tickets/smart-ticketing/touch-smartcard/your-chance-to-win
Customers not eligible for the draw are as follows:
- Existing smart card season ticket holders
- Season ticket holders who have a Smartcard but haven’t purchased a season ticket yet
- Season ticket holders switching to Smart via SWR’s Customer Service Centre
- Season ticket holders purchasing Smart seasons via Ticket Vending Machines
- Discounted scholar season tickets sold through our specialist sales team