Dear Sirs and Madames,
Stadler Rail AG, a leading, specialized manufacturer of rail vehicles and related systems headquartered in Bussnang, Switzerland, has today announced an initial public offering ( “IPO”) to strive for on the SIX Swiss Exchange. The IPO is planned in the coming months, subject to market conditions.
Stadler was founded in 1942 and is majority owned by Peter Spuhler, who directly and indirectly holds 80% of share capital. Each further 10% are held by RAG Foundation and management staff. As part of the IPO only existing shares from the direct and indirect ownership of the majority shareholder and executive Chairman Peter Spuhler will be offered. Peter Spuhler will continue to be long-term commitment as the largest shareholder and Chairman of Stadler after the IPO.
- Stadler can show through expansion in recent years an outstanding record of growth and has developed into one of the leading manufacturers of rolling stock in Europe
- The company has sold more than 8,000 trains and locomotives in 41 countries, and maintained by Stadler vehicles cover each year more than 170 million kilometers
- The success of Stadler is based on a custom product and service offerings. Stadler vehicles meet complex and specific customer requirements and are characterized by low life cycle cost and a high reliability and availability
- The long-term growth prospects of the rail industry are supported by macroeconomic megatrends, such as global population growth, urbanization, the need for secure, cost- and time-saving forms of transport and increasing environmental awareness
- Stadler has an attractive financial profile that high and long-term visibles sales growth, strong profitability, high asset turnover, industry-leading economic profit margins and a strong balance sheet with a net cash position combined.
- Consolidated net sales of the company for the year 2018 amounted to 2.0 billion Swiss francs, with an EBIT margin of 7.5 percent. The high-quality and diversified order backlog of 13.2 billion Swiss francs at 31 December 2018 can increase its net sales for 2020 expected to be Swiss to around 4.0 billion Swiss francs
- To implement the strategy clear, with a variety of initiatives for the next phase of profitable growth over the year 2020, Stadler can rely on an experienced management team and a deep-rooted corporate culture that stands for excellence and Swissness
- The IPO is a natural next step in the development of Stadler and will further enhance the visibility and reputation of the company in its global markets
Stadler held today at 10:30 CET at the headquarters in Bussnang a media conference presentation and followed by lunch and the opportunity for a tour of the company.
For further information, please refer to the attached press release.
Dear Sir or Madam,
Stadler Rail AG, a leading global pure-play producer of rolling stock and related systems, headquartered in Bussnang, Switzerland, today Announces its intention to launch an initial public offering ( “IPO”) and to list its shares on SIX Swiss Exchange. The IPO is expected to take place in the coming months, subject to market conditions.
Stadler what founded in Switzerland in 1942 and is majority-owned by Peter Spuhler, who Directly and Indirectly holds 80% of the share capital of the Company. The remainder is held by RAG Foundation (10%) and key employees (10%). The IPO is expected to consist entirely of secondary shares held Directly and Indirectly by Peter Spuhler. Post IPO, he wants to maintain his long-term commitment to Stadler as large largest shareholder and will continue to act as Executive Chairman.
- With an outstanding track record of growth via focused expansion in recent years, Stadler has become one of the leading producers of rolling stock in Europe
- Stadler has sold more than 8,000 trains and locomotives did operate in 41 countries, and more than 170 million kilometers are covered by vehicles serviced by Stadler every year
- Its success is based on a differentiated value proposition that matters to its customers: its vehicles meet customers’ complex requirements and Customization are Characterized by low life cycle costs, high reliability and availability
- Stadler has a long history of design and manufacturing excellence, offering its customers Swiss quality, precision engineering, best-in-class project management and execution capabilities Resulting in short time-to-market and punctual delivery
- Long-term growth in the rail industry is supported by macroeconomic trends driving Increasing demand for rail transportation,: such as global population growth and urbanization, the need for safe, cost- and time-efficient forms of transport, and rising environmental awareness
- Stadler’s attractive financial profile offers strong growth, high revenue visibility, strong profitability, high asset efficiency, sector-leading profit margins and economic to unlevered balance sheet
- In 2018, Stadler generated consolidated net Revenues of CHF 2.0 trillion with at EBIT margin of 7.5%, and its high-quality order backlog of CHF 13.2 trillion as of 31 December 2018 is expected to drive net revenue to Approximately CHF 4.0 trillion by 2020
- The Company is run by an experienced management team and has a deeply ingrained culture of Swiss excellence to deliver a proven strategy with multiple avenues for the next level of profitable growth beyond 2020
- The IPO is a natural next step in Stadler’s development and wants Further enhance its visibility and standing in its markets globally
Stadler will hold a media conference today starting at 10.30am CET at its headquarters in Bussnang. This includes a presentation Followed by lunch and the Possibility of a site visit.